Dogs, cats and rabbits are accepted as carry-on or check baggage. We have ceased to allow the transport of birds and will not accept them as either carry-on or checked baggage on international flights until further notice. However, Small birds are considered pets on flights inside Colombia.
All pets that do not fall within these parameters will not be accepted as carry-on luggage.
Remember to check restrictions to/from specific destinations.
All pets transported will be charged a fee, based on excess baggage rates.
|Pets inside the passenger cabin
|The cost is US $75 per cage or container.
* Pets are not allowed in Business Class or as checked baggage. Please contact our
Copa Mascotas department to coordinate the transportation of your pet.
All passengers, in transit through Panama who travel with pets and want to leave the airport for a few hours, must leave the pet in quarantine with a charge of US $9.50 per pet.
For flights within Colombia, pets are transported at no additional charge, as long as they are inside the baggage weight limit. However, on connecting flights that include flights within Colombia and international flights, the international flights’ conditions and surcharges will apply.
Terms and conditions
- Passengers are responsible for all documentation required to ensure the exit and entry of your pet, both to cities of departure, transit and destination of your trip. This includes any requirement or additional or special document required by laws and regulations in force in the countries of departure, transit and destination. To know the requirements your pet must fulfill, please contact the sanitary authorities of each country.
- Contact our Reservations Center at least 48 hours before the flight's departure to ensure room for your pet.
- Pets 8 weeks old or less will not be accepted for transport travelling alone in a cage.
- Minors traveling alone are not authorized to travel with pets.
- On international flights, the customer must provide a health certificate for their pet, emitted by the appropriate authority, as well as all necessary documents for entry at their next destination(s). For domestic flights within Colombia, only a current vaccination certificate is needed.
- The health certificate of pets flying from Colombia to the United States must indicate that they are free of screw worms.
- Passengers must travel on the same flight as their pet and use a cage that is appropriate for its transport.
- Passengers are responsible for enclosing their pet in its cage, as well as for removing it.
- Traveling with pets is not permitted on flights that connect with another airline.
- In case of emergency, oxygen will not be administered to pets.