12. What documents do I need to have available at check-in?
Every passenger must fulfill the following requirements and submit the following documents in order to fly:
- Airline ticket
- Boarding pass
- Proof of payment of airport tax
Note: In order to find out the exit tax for each airport please visit any of our ticket offices.
13. What documents do unaccompanied minors need?
In order to leave their country of origin, every minor needs:
- A notarized exit permit signed by his/her parents or guardian (if applicable per country).
- A filled out form with personal information about the minor, the person delivering him/her and the person receiving the minor at his/her final destination. This form must be signed by the persons and by Copa Airlines staff delivering the minor at the point of origin and by the employees and persons receiving the minor at his/her destination.
For more information visit Children traveling alone.
14. How many hours prior to my departure do I need to be at the check-in counter?
Every passenger must be at Copa Airlines' counter at least 3 hours before the flight’s scheduled departure. Executive class passengers must be at the counter at least 60 minutes (1 hour) before the flight’s scheduled departure time.
15. What happens if I reach the counter late or lose my flight?
Remember that any kind of changes are subject to the fare rules and conditions, which could increase the ticket cost or possibly generate additional charges. If you have missed your flight voluntarily or for any reason outside the responsibility of the airline you can contact our Reservations Center or visit one of our Sales Offices to reschedule your itinerary.
Copa Airlines will take care of your flight arrangement in case of any involuntary miss connection or irregularity.
16. Can I check in online from my mobile phone?
Yes. You can access Web Check-In when visiting copa.com from your mobile phone, which allows you to use an electronic boarding pass at the airport. The mobile boarding pass can be used from these cities.
In other cities, you will need to go to the online check-in counter, where your boarding pass will be printed for you. Rest assured that we will implement the paperless boarding pass procedure in all the cities we serve as soon as the airports allow it.