Copa Airlines offers the opportunity to be upgraded to Business Class and provide the best in-flight experience! To be able to participate in this program:
If these requirements are met, the eligible passengers on the selected flights will receive an email to the address provided in the reservation inviting them to participate in the submission of a possible purchasing price for an upgrade.
Copa Airlines invites you to enjoy all of the benefits of flying with us in Business Class.
The following terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") will apply to any offer ("offer") made by you ("the passenger") to Copa Airlines ("Copa Airlines"), for an opportunity to upgrade from the service of economy Class that was originally purchased by you for travel with Copa Airlines to the Business Class ("Upgrade"). This Upgrade will not apply to Code Shared flights or flights operated by a different airline.
1. The person submitting the offer must be at least 18 years of age. The entitlement of the Upgrade is individual and non-transferable.
2. The offer will only be applicable to the flight segment that is described in the email you received to opt for the Upgrade.
3. If there are several passengers in your booking, you will have to submit a possible purchasing price for the Upgrade to all of the passengers independently. The purchasing price you accept will be on a per passenger basis.
4. The below categories will not receive the invitational email:
Booked using promotional fares
Guest seat rewards
Free tickets (Donations, Non-Revenue, and others)
Booking already upgraded using miles
Travelling with an infant
Passengers with ticket bought in the 24 hours before flight departure
5. If you receive an Upgrade to Business Class, you will be entitled to use the following services and benefits:
Check-in at Business Class counters
Copa Club Access at the airport, as well as United Club access and participating Star Alliance® affiliated airport clubs worldwide (at airports that have these clubs).
Flight seating and service in Business Class.
6. If you receive an upgrade the ticket conditions will remain in accordance with the original ticket reservation, before the Upgrade. This includes minimum and maximum stay conditions, cancelation, penalties, changes and baggage policies. MileagePlus® miles will be credited in accordance with the original class and not the upgraded class.
7. The baggage conditions for the original ticket you purchased will remain in effect and will be applicable even if your offer has been accepted and you have been upgraded. Please visit our on baggage policy for more information.
8. If special meals were requested at the moment of purchasing your original ticket, Copa Airlines will make every possible effort to comply with your request.
9. If you receive an upgrade, Copa Airlines does not guarantee specific seat number in the Business Class. Your seat number will depend on availability.
10. From 23 hours prior to the scheduled time of your flight, the system verifies Copa availability in the Business Class and reviews your offer. You will be notified if you received the upgrade through the provided email.
11. If you receive an upgrade, the charge will be made to the card that was used when submitting your offer. There should be a single payment to this Upgrade, combination of more than one card is forbidden. If your payment is rejected, you will automatically lose the Upgrade and it will be allocated to the next successful proposal. We will not disclose the price paid by the passenger who receives the Upgrade, nor will we enter into any discussions about the level of the price for the purchase of the Upgrade.
12. The total price you offer for the Upgrade will not include any taxes or fees. Additional taxes and fees from the offer will be charged separately from the original ticket.
13. If you want to cancel or change your offer for an Upgrade, the cancellation or change should be made 24 hours before the scheduled time of your flight and no charge will be applied. This cancellation or change should be made using the link of the reservation confirmation provided via email.
14. Once and if your offer is received, the cancellation for your Upgrade made within 24 hours prior to your flight time is not allowed, if the passenger does not show for the flight there will be no reimbursement.
15. The upgrade charge is not refundable.
16. In the event Copa Airlines cancels a flight Copa will try its best to re-accommodate you on to another flight into Business Class. If there is no availability in another flight the passenger will receive a DBC (denied boarding compensation) or what the compensation rules apply for the scenario. If re-accommodating to Business Class is not fulfilled the passenger will travel in the Class that originally purchased; any offer you made in relation to the original booking may not be transferred to the new flight. If you have any complaints or suggestions please contact us at: email@example.com.
17. If you change, cancel, or miss your flight due to personal reasons or force majeure, there will be no refund for your Upgrade charge, even if your original ticket is refundable. This Upgrade cannot be transferred to another flight or to another passenger.
18. Copa Airlines reserves the right to amend the above conditions at any time at its discretion. Notification of any significant change in the conditions will be sent via email to all passengers listed for this service at the time the change is made.
19. The passenger must accept all term and conditions in order to participate in the upgrade program.