- Age: 26 - 62.
- Minimum flight experience: 5,000 total flight hours and 1,000 total time in command of transport category turbofans (50 passengers or greater).
- ATP license.
- FAA ATP or ICAO license with at least an ICAO English level 4.
- Valid first class medical.
Technical skills (aptitude and skills):
- Information processing capacity (above average)
- Numerical skills (average)
- Verbal skills (average)
Attitude (personality traits):
- Emotional stability (above average)
- Work under pressure (above average)
- Self-confidence (average)
- Team work (average)
- Customer orientated (above average)
- Leadership (average)
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills (average)
- Adherence to regulations and procedures (above average)
- Planning and organization (above average)
- Social skills (average).
- B 737 or E 190 rating.
- Experience in international operations.
- Willing to relocate to Panama.
- Basic Spanish.
As with any leading company, Copa has a staff selection process that aims to determine whether a candidate encompasses the Copa pilot profile, taking into consideration their interests, experience in the aviation field, knowledge, skills and their potential.
Our selection and recruitment process for our technical crew includes the following stages:
- General knowledge evaluation
- English evaluation
- Psycho technical evaluation
- Human Resources interview and technical interview
- Simulator evaluation
As the selection process moves forward, and according to the results obtained by each candidate, the company will communicate to each applicant if they will continue onto the next stage of the selection process. The process is complete when the candidate receives a proposal to join the Copa Airlines team as a technical crew member.
The company reserves the right to modify the selection criteria to their own discretion and without prior notice.
If you meet the requirements, please follow the instructions and submit your application in our Human Resources page. Also, please attach the following documents:
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your flight licenses and medical certificate
- A copy of the last page of your Flight Log
- A certificate of no incidents/accidents issued by the qualified Aeronautical Authority
- Two letters of recommendation
- A photocopy of your passport and American visa (if applicable)