At Copa Airlines, we are committed to implement initiatives directed to reduce gas emissions with greenhouse effect and decrease the environmental impact of our operations, as well as implement activities that foster ecological awareness, recycling, and environmental preservation centered on our main interest groups: clients, contributors, and the communities where we operate.
- Fleet renovation
- Fuel Economy
- Reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Permanent aircraft maintenance
- Investment in new technologies
- Winglets (blades at the tip of the wing)
- Recycling program for grease, plastics, cans, and paper
- Emissions compensation program
For more information, please visit Copa Airlines takes action to protect the environment.
Copa Airlines is a member of:
- National Authority for the Environment (Autoridad Nacional de Ambiente)
- Biodiversity Museum (Museo de la Biodiversidad)
- Eugene Eisenmann Avifauna Foundation (Fundación Avifauna Eugene Eisenmann)
Programs for the environment in which our staff participates:
Find out more about Acción Verde, a campaign in which the companies Aviatur, Copa Airlines Colombia and Acción Verde together with the Columbian Ministry of Environment and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) join their efforts to promote one of the most ambitious initiatives in Columbia: the mitigation of climate change by means of protective reforestation.