1. How can I make reservations and get quotes for flights at copa.com?
You can make reservations from different locations on our web site. However, the most direct manner is through our copa.com home page, by clicking on Book your flight.
You can also put your reservation on hold using copa.com and purchase it within 48 hours either online using a Credit Card or using our Reservation Center. You can also make payment at a Sales Office or directly at the airport.
2. Can I put a reservation on hold and pay for it later?
Of course you can! At copa.com you can put reservations on hold. Simply select the option “Reserve and pay later” and copa.com will keep your reservation active for 48 hours, and you will have this time to make payment. This reservation may be paid for later using a credit card in the Manage your booking section.
Remember that our website will only allow you to put reservations on hold if you’re registered and have logged on to your account. If the reservation has not been paid for within 48 hours, it will expire automatically.
Click here if you want to register.
3. Can I reserve itineraries that include flights to more than one city on a single journey?
Yes, you can reserve tickets to multiple destinations or with multiple stops by selecting the “Multicity” option in the Book your flight.
4. How much time before a flight can I reserve and purchase a ticket at copa.com?
You can reserve and purchase your ticket at copa.com up to at least four (4) hours before your flight departs. This functionality is not available from the portal in Venezuela. It is only available if prompt ticket purchases are made using a credit card.
5. How many legs of a flight can I reserve on a single itinerary?
With the multiple city option you may select up to five (5) segments.
6. How many passengers can I include in a single reservation?
On copa.com you can make a reservation for up to eight (8) passengers.
7. How can I modify my itinerary during the reservation process?
You can change your dates by selecting “Start Over” in the Book your flight option.
8. How can I find and purchase my reservation later?
If you made a reservation using copa.com, you can locate your reservation later selecting the Manage your booking option in the menu located at the top of the main page. If you’ve entered with your password, select on your list of reservations the itinerary you wish to see and confirm. Press the ‘Purchase’ button to enter your credit card information and continue the process.
9. Can I make a reservation for another person?
Yes. To make reservations for other persons, enter their name in the section “Enter Passenger Details”. If your own name appears, overwrite it with the real passenger’s name. Likewise, if your MileagePlus number appears, don’t forget to erase it and replace it with the passenger’s MileagePlus number.
10. Can I see timetables for and/or reserve flights on other airlines?
By default, only flights operated by Copa Airlines and Copa Airlines Colombia will appear.
11. Can I just see airfares without having to make a reservation?
Of course you can! To find the best fares for a specific date, fill in your travel information in the Book your flight section of our main page, and select the option to search by “Exact dates”. If you have flexible travel dates, you may use the option “Flexible dates”.
12. How can I reserve a one-way trip?
To reserve a one-way trip, choose the option 'One-way' in the section of Book your flight on the homepage.
13. How can I reserve a return trip?
In order to reserve a return trip, chose the “Return” option in the Book your flight section of the main page. You can also reserve a return ticket in the “Flight Search” Section, and then click on “Return”.
14. When I travel, when do I need to have a return ticket leaving the country?
All of the countries to which Copa Airlines flies require passengers that are not residents or citizens, travelling as a tourist, to have proof of transportation exiting the country, be it an airplane, ferry, bus, or cruise ship ticket etc., showing the final destination as another country or the passenger's home country.
15. Can I make changes to my reservation once the ticket has been issued?
Once the ticket has been issued, you cannot change the name appearing on the ticket, nor will you be permitted to create duplicate reservations (two reservations for the same flight, destination and/or date). To make itinerary changes in your reservation, you may contact us at the Reservation Center or at any of our Sales Offices. Changes made to your ticket's itinerary are subject to penalties and fees depending on the difference between the original rate and the desired rate.
16. How long does a ticket remain valid if I do not use it?
Any ticket issued by Copa Airlines will remain valid for transportation for one year after the date the ticket was issued.
The issue date for the ticket is the date on which payment was made, using either cash or a credit card, or the receipt date stated on the ticket for which payment was received using an acceptable form of payment.
If a ticket for a published fare that has not been used is completely re-issued, the new ticket will be valid for a year from the date on which the ticket was re-issued.
When the ticket includes a special trip or fare that is valid for less than one year, the shorter of the periods will apply only to the transportation associated with the special trip or fare. When the fare limits transportation to specific parts of the day, week, month or year, the ticket will only be valid during those specified periods.
17. Can I change my current flight to another one on the same day?
Copa Airlines allows you to change from one flight to another on the same day for the same route, if you request the change between 24 to 3 hours prior to the flight departure. When traveling with selected fares, passengers have the option of purchasing a seat on an alternate flight for a non-refundable fee of US $25. This change can be requested through one of our Reservations Centers, Sales Offices or at the airport.
Passengers can request changes:
- A maximum of 24 hours prior to the departure of the original flight through one of our Reservations Centers, Sales Offices or at the airport.
- A minimum of 3 hours prior to the departure of the original flight through one of our Reservations Centers, Sales Offices or at the airport.
- Two hours prior to the flight, at the airport (standby list available).
For changes to the departure date, the alternate flight must be on the same day of the week and for the same route as the original reservation.