Copa Airlines accepts high chairs as carry-on luggage as long as the dimensions of the high chair do not exceed those accepted for hand carry-on luggage and it can be placed in one of the overhead compartments or underneath the seat in front of you.
If you check the seat as baggage, it will be subject to all excess baggage fees depending on its size and weight.
Approved child seat specifications:
- The seat must comply with all corresponding federal regulations for car seats. Seats manufactured after February 12, 1985 must be approved for use in automobiles and airplanes.
- The accompanying adult is responsible for:
- ensuring that the seat functions correctly,
- that the child does not exceed the seat restrictions,
- that the child is secured correctly in the seat
- that the child seat is safely attached to the airplane seat.
Note: If traveling with a stroller and a car seat, only one of these items will be permitted free of charge in addition to your regular (no charge) baggage.
Luggage allowed for the infant
- Children who travel with an adult fare that has been discounted by 100% may not check any luggage for free.
- Children traveling on a fare that is 10% the normal adult fare may not carry checked luggage. They are only allowed to carry 1 infant or diaper bag as carry-on luggage, in addition to an infant stroller, which must be fully retractable.
- Children who travel with an adult fare that has been discounted by 50% or less have the right to check the same amount of luggage as would be allowed for a regular passenger traveling on an adult fare.