On October 25, 2013, Copa Airlines will begin operations in the new Domestic Terminal at El Dorado Airport in Bogotá.
The new terminal will have 65,208 square meters of space, four levels, six escalators, four conveyor belts, ten elevators, 60 check-in stations, four efficient security checkpoints (North Terminal – Copa Airlines), and modern processes that will make passengers´ travel experience easy and more comfortable. The Terminal will be turned over to the airline in phases, a process that is slated to be completed in July 2014.
Copa Airlines has ensured that it has the operational capacity to offer its customers the best service in the new terminal.
Important information for our passengers
- Copa Airlines counters will be located in the new central modules at the El Dorado airport.
- Passengers who are departing from Bogotá to domestic and international destinations must enter through Entrance 4 on the second level of El Dorado Airport, where they will find the Copa Airlines counters.
- Passengers coming from domestic and international flights will leave the Terminal from the first level, and at each exit they will find taxi service zones for transportation to their destinations.
- As a result of the construction and modernization plan that is being carried out at El Dorado Airport, Copa Airlines will permanently close the Elite Lounge located in the current domestic terminal. The Lounge will remain open until October 23, 2013, offering its normal services to passengers who are Premier members of the MileagePlus frequent flyer program.
- During October, we suggest that our passengers arrive more than one hour prior to departure for domestic flights, and more than three hours prior to departure for international flights, in order to avoid any inconvenience during the initial phase of operations in the new Domestic Terminal.
- Representatives of the El Dorado Airport information service will be available to assist customers; the representatives are easily identifiable by their mustard-colored uniforms.
- Additionally, the entire Copa Airlines team is available, as usual, to provide any additional information that passengers and others may need.