Apply for an upgrade on Business Class!
We offer you the possibility to request for a Business Class upgrade.
This program does not affect the complimentary upgrades granted to MileagePlus Premier members.
Only the remaining seats will be sold, after granting the complimentary upgrades
to MileagePlus Premier members.
There are two ways to apply
1. Once you have purchased your ticket, you can make an offer using the “Apply for an Upgrade” request form on this page.
2. Another way to apply for an upgrade will be available seven days prior to departure, where passengers who meet the necessary requirements, and whose reservation contains an e-mail, will receive a notification informing them that they are eligible to request a Business Class upgrade by following these simple steps:
- Go to the program’s homepage from the notification e-mail
- Determine how much you’d like to pay for your upgrade
- Choose your payment method
- Verify and enter your information
Completing the process is simple, secure and risk free!
When will you know if you have been upgraded?
You will be notified if your upgrade request was approved or rejected between 23 - 12 hours before your flight’s departure. In case your upgrade is not approved, there will be no charge.
Experience travelling in Business Class
Business Class passengers can enjoy the following benefits:
- Special check-in lines at airport counters, boarding gates and priority baggage handling.
- Privacy and maximum comfort with 10 (Embraer 190), 12 (Boeing 737-700) and 16 (Boeing 737-800) leather seats.
- The best wines and liquors as well as exquisite gastronomical selections prepared by exclusive chefs.
- Bonus miles for all members of the MileagePlus frequent flyer program.
- Access to all Copa Clubs and United Clubs.*
*Visit our Copa Club section to see a complete list of all the lounges you have access to.